How To Scrap My Car
Are you thinking, how to scrap my car? We are here to help. Giveacar is a not-for-profit that turns your scrap car into a donation for any UK charity. We arrange collection of your scrap car free of charge and the value raised is donated to a charity of your choice. Giveacar always puts the charity first. If we feel more money can be raised for your nominated charity by auctioning your car, we’ll arrange for our auction partners to collect your vehicle instead. Just fill out our online form below and we’ll call you to confirm the details of your scrap car donation. Or call us on 020 7736 4242 and we can answer your questions and take your details over the phone.
Scrap A Car For The Best Price
Our team of experts make sure we get the best price for a scrap car. By evaluating each vehicle case-by-case we determine whether it is best put through to auction or if more will be made from the scrap value. Because we look to get the best price for every scrap car donated we won’t give you an instant quote. Using 10 years of experience and a nationwide network of car breakers and car auction centres, we can scrap your vehicle no matter where you are in the UK. So, whether you are looking to scrap your car in London, Birmingham, Manchester or anywhere else we can help, all you have to do is call us!
When Will My Car Be Collected
Once you receive your confirmation email from Giveacar, the collection partner will call you within 48 hours to arrange a suitable time to collect your vehicle. We aim to collect your scrap car within seven working days. An exact time will be arranged directly between you and our collection partner. If you need your vehicle collected earlier or later than this, let us know and we will do our best to help.
Scrap Car Collection Locations
We arrange scrap car collection all over the UK. And for free! Take a look below at some of the locations that we collect from:
What Happens When My Car Is Collected
If you have the vehicle’s V5C (logbook) you need to complete the section related to selling or transferring a vehicle to the motor trade. This is section 4, or section 9 in older versions of the V5C. Ensure you keep a hold of this section to notify the DLVA but give the rest of the logbook (V5C) to the collection agent.
It is your responsibility to inform the DVLA that you are no longer the registered keeper. If you have any questions, you can always call us on 020 7736 4242 and we can help answer any questions.
What Do I Need To Scrap My Car
- A form of identification
- The registration documents for your vehicle, if you have them
- Your car keys
All we need from you to arrange scrap car collection are a few details:
- The car registration
- The collection address
- Contact information to arrange to collect your scrap car
If you are ready to donate a scrap car, you can see a list of registered charities we work with or you can nominate one of your choosing as long as they are a UK registered charity. Every donation makes a huge difference, donate today!
Scrap your car today. Fill out our donation form below or alternatively, call us on 020 77364242.
The Process To Scrap Your Car
Scrapping your car couldn’t be easier. Just follow the quick and easy steps below,
1. Firstly, get in touch with the team by calling us on 0207 736 4242 or fill out our online form and one of the team will give you a call to confirm some final details. We’ll also use this opportunity to make sure you are aware of the collection process, our fees, and your responsibility to inform the DVLA.
2. Our collection agents will call you to arrange the collection of your car. If you have the vehicle’s V5C (logbook) you need to complete the section related to selling or transferring a vehicle to the motor trade. This is section 4, or section 9 in older versions of the V5C. Ensure you keep a hold of this section to notify the DLVA but give the rest of the logbook (V5C) to the collection agent.
3. At Giveacar we put charity first, so depending on the condition of your scrap car we may be able to auction it instead of scrapping. We will inform you of which option we’ll take whilst we have you on the phone! If your car is destined for the scrapyard and you would like a copy of the Certificate of Destruction, please get in touch with the team and we’ll be happy to help. You’ll receive a receipt from Giveacar once the donation is made. We also ask the charity to send a letter of thanks to you. Please note it takes 6-8 weeks for your charity to receive your donation from when the car is sold.
Giveacar is the only independent car donation company in the UK, and therefore our admin fee is our sole means of income. For donations up to £150 we charge a 25% admin fee. Donations over £150 have an additional 5% charge. Please note that our admin fee is also subject to VAT. Once that’s done everything else goes to your nominated charity.
Our Scrap Partners
Giveacar operates its scrap car collection scheme nation-wide. We are proud to work closely with a number of Authorise Treatment Facilities (ATF) who collect on our behalf. We also have trusted auction partners if we think your car would raise more for charity at auction. Your confirmation email will detail the specific organisation that we have assigned to your collection. However, a smaller subcontractor may be responsible for the actual collection.
If you have any questions give us a call and we will be happy to answer them. Alternatively, head over to our FAQ’s and see if your question has been answered there.