Scrap Your Bike
Just like with our cars, your scrap motorbike will be collected free of charge and at a time to suit you. Once you have arranged to donate your scrap bike with us we will pass your details on to our auction partners, who will organise collection with you. Due to the low value from scrapping motorbikes, we auction them to maximise the value of the donation. Please note if your motorcycle doesn’t meet our minimum standards we may not be able to arrange its donation. However, we often collect bikes that aren’t in good condition such as MOT failures so it’s highly likely we’ll be able to arrange free collection.
Fill out our online form and we’ll call you to confirm the details of your scrap motorbike donation. Or call us on 020 7736 4242 and we can answer your questions and take your details over the phone.
The Process To Scrap A Bike
1. Get in touch with a member of our team, call us on 0207 736 424. Or, fill out our online donation form and enter your bike details, our team will then call you to confirm your donation. Whilst on the phone with you, we will make sure you are aware of the collection process, our admin fee, and your responsibility to inform the DVLA.
2. Our collection agents will call you within two working days to arrange the collection of your scrap bike. We aim to have motorbikes collected within 7 days. Let us know if you need your bike collected sooner and we will do our best to help. If you have the vehicle’s V5C (logbook) you need to complete and remove the yellow section. This is the section related to selling or transferring a vehicle to the motor trade. It will be section 4, or section 9 in older versions of the V5C. Keep a hold of the yellow section to notify the DLVA but give the rest of the logbook (V5C) to the collection agent. We’ve put together more information on notifying the DVLA.
3. At Giveacar we put charity first, so depending on the condition of your motorbike we will put it through to auction. You’ll receive a receipt from us approximately 6-8 weeks after the date of collection and once the donation is made. We also ask the charity to send a letter of thanks to you which can take up to two weeks to receive after our receipt.
Nationwide Motorbike Collection
We are proud to work closely with a number of partners who arrange motorbike collection across the UK on our behalf. So that charities get the most from your donation we will put your bike through to auction. Your confirmation email will detail the specific organisation that we have assigned to your collection. However, a smaller subcontractor may be responsible for the actual collection.
When you donate with Giveacar, the collection of your bike is free. Our partners will also arrange collection at a time to suit you. Take a look below at a selection of common locations that we collect motorcycles, scooters and mopeds from:
How Long Does Collection Take
Once you receive your confirmation email from Giveacar, the collection partner will call you within two working days to arrange a suitable time to collect your motorbike. We aim to collect your bike within seven working days. An exact time will be arranged directly between you and our collection partner. However, if you need your bike collected earlier or later than this, let us know and we will do our best to help.
Paperwork Needed To Scrap A Bike
To arrange your motorbike collection, we’ll need a few details from you. This will include:
- Contact information
- motorcycle registration
- Collection address
On the day of collection you’ll also need:
- A form of photo identification
- The motorcycle’s registration document (V5C) if you have it
- Your bike keys
Notifying The DVLA
If you have the V5C (logbook) you need to complete the yellow section related to selling or transferring a vehicle to the motor trade. This is section 4, or section 9 in older versions of the V5C. Keep hold of this section to send to the DLVA but give the rest of the logbook (V5C) to the collection agent. Alternatively, you can notify the DVLA online.
It is your responsibility to inform the DVLA that you are no longer the bike’s registered keeper. If you have any questions, you can call us on 020 7736 4242 and we will be happy to answer them.
Giveacar is the only independent vehicle donation service in the UK, and therefore our admin fee is our sole means of income. For bike donations up to £150, we charge a 25% admin fee. Motorcycle donations over £150 have an additional 5% charge. Please note that our service fee is also subject to VAT. Once that’s done everything else goes to your nominated charity.
Scrap My Bike For The Best Price
Our team of experts make sure we get the best price for a scrap bike so the charity receives the best donation. We evaluate each motorbike, scooter and moped case-by-case to determine how to get the best value for your donation. Even bike’s that are MOT failures can still be good donations. Because we look to get the best price for every bike donated, we won’t give you an instant quote. Using 10 years of experience and a nationwide network of vehicle breakers and auction centres, we can collect your vehicle no matter where you are in the UK.
If you have any questions give us a call or alternatively, visit our FAQ’s.