Donate A Caravan
At Giveacar we don’t just limit ourselves to cars, we often take caravans as well. We can organise caravan removal nationwide and offer you an ethical way to get rid of your caravan. It’s fast, free and for charity. We collect your caravan free of charge and the proceeds raised are donated to a charity of your choice. Giveacar always put the charity first so will make sure to get the best price.
- Due to the low scrap value for caravans, we only put them through to auction. If your caravan does not meet our minimum threshold we may be unable to arrange it’s donation.
- We require the CRIS registration number for any caravan you wish to donate. We are unable to accept any donations without this.
If you’ve got a caravan you think is destined for the scrapyard we may still be able to help. The amount raised from your caravan will depend on a few factors. Firstly, the address from which it will need to be collected. The further the caravan is from one of our partners the more it will cost to collect and therefore the less it will raise. Also, the age, model, and condition of your caravan will impact the value. Giveacar has operated for 10 years and arranged the collection and donation of over 35,000 vehicles. So you can be certain our team of experts and our partners will make sure to get the best value from your caravan.
The Process to Donate Your Caravan
The process to scrap your old caravan is easy. Follow the simple steps we have outlined below:
1. Firstly, get in touch with the team by calling us on 020 7736 4242 or fill out our online form and one of the team will give you a call to confirm some details and make sure we can arrange the collection of your caravan. We’ll also use this opportunity to make sure you are aware of the collection process, our fees and answer any questions you may have.
2. Upon successful completion of the CRIS check, our partners will arrange collection of your caravan. The collection agents will call you to arrange a date for collection.
3. At Giveacar we put charity first, so we’ll work out how to maximise the value of your old caravan. Once the donation to your charity is complete you’ll receive a receipt from us confirming the total raised. We also ask the charity to send a thank you for your donation. Please note it takes 6-8 weeks for your charity to receive your donation.
Giveacar is the only independent car donation company in the UK, and therefore our admin fee is our sole means of income. For donations up to £150 we charge a 25% admin fee. Donations over £150 have an additional 5% charge. Please note that our admin fee is also subject to VAT. Once that’s done everything else goes to your nominated charity.
Is My Scrap Caravan Eligible?
For us to ensure we are able to generate a donation to your nominated charity from the sale of your caravan we need to assess its condition. We require all caravans be CRIS registered. This allows us to run a security check to ensure we are able to sell you scrap caravan. If you do not have the CRIS number we will not be able to take your caravan.
Need to find the CRIS number on your caravan? Caravan’s built before 2016 will have the CRIS number etched onto the caravan’s side window and stamped onto the chassis. Caravan’s built after 2016 have the CRIS number displayed on a VIN-chip-sticker on the inside of the front window.
What Do I Need to Donate My Caravan
- A form of identification
- Caravan VIN number
- CRIS number
- Caravan make and model
We may also ask you for photos to check the condition of the caravan. We will also ask you for:
- The collection address
- Contact information
If you are ready to donate your caravan, you can see a list of registered charities we work with or you can nominate one of your choosing as long as they are a UK registered charity. Every donation makes a huge difference, donate today!
If you have any questions give us a call and we will be happy to answer them. Alternatively, head over to our FAQ’s and see if your question has been answered there.
When Will My Caravan Be Collected
Once you receive your confirmation email from Giveacar, the collection partner will call you within 48 hours to arrange a suitable time to collect your scrap caravan. We aim to collect within seven working days. An exact time will be arranged directly between you and our collection partner. If you need collection earlier or later than this, let us know and we will do our best to help.
We arrange collection all over the UK. And for free! Take a look below at some of the locations that we collect from:
Donate a Caravan For The Best Price
Our team of experts make sure we get the best price for caravans. By evaluating each donation case-by-case we determine whether we would be able to ensure a donation for your chosen charity. Using 10 years of experience and a nationwide network of partners, we can arrange collection across the UK. So, whether you have a scrap caravan in London, Birmingham, Manchester or anywhere else we can help.