How To Scrap a Motorbike
At Giveacar we aren’t just about cars. We arrange the donation of all types of vehicles to charity. We will turn your scrap motorbike into a charitable donation for your favourite cause. Scrapping your motorbike can often raise a large sum for charity.
If your motorbike has seen better days or perhaps you just don’t have the time to ride it anymore, Giveacar can offer you a simple, free, nationwide and ethical way of getting rid of it.
Donate your scrap motorbike, fill out our online donation form or call us on 0207 736 4242.
The Process of Scrapping My Motorbike
Just like with our cars, no matter what state your motorcycle is in, it will be collected free of charge and at a time to suit you. Once you have arranged to donate your bike with us we will pass your details on to our auction partners, who will organise the collection with you. Due to the low value from scrapping motorbikes, we only auction them to maximise the value of the donation.
Scrapping your motorcycle couldn’t be easier. Just follow the quick and easy steps below,
1. Firstly, get in touch with the team by calling us on 0207 736 4242 or fill out our online form and one of the team will give you a call to confirm some final details. We’ll also use this opportunity to make sure you are aware of the collection process, our fees and your responsibility to inform the DVLA.
Your Motorbike is Collected
2. Our collection agents will call you to arrange collection of your motorcycle. On the day of collection, they will contact you an hour before they are due to collect. Make sure to ask them to sign your Section 9 of the V5C, or Section 4 on newer V5C’s, with their Business Name and Business Address and then keep a hold of this section but give the rest of the V5C to the agent.
Your Donation is Made
3. At Giveacar we put Charity First, so depending on the condition of your motorbike we may be able to auction it instead of scrapping. We will inform you of which option we’ll take whilst we have you on the phone! If your motorcycle is destined for the scrapyard and you would like a copy of the Certificate of Destruction, please get in touch with the team and we’ll be happy to help. You’ll receive a receipt from Giveacar and from your charity once the donation is made. Please note it takes 6-8 weeks for your charity to receive your donation from when the motorcycle is sold.
Need another reason to donate your scrap motorcycle?
The Mayor of London and Transport for London launched their Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in April 2019 as a means of improving air quality within central London. The area at present covers the same perimeter as the renowned congestion zone, however, the ULEZ will be expanded to cover inner London by October 2021, therefore forcing many people to have to think seriously about their vehicle’s emission levels.
- Daily ULEZ charge: £12.50
- Penalty charge: £160 (reduced to £80 if paid within 14 days)
All motorbikes need to meet Euro 3 emissions standards for Nitrogen Oxide (NOx).
The ULEZ is enforced based on the declared emissions of the vehicle rather than the age – but generally speaking, Euro 3 engines are those registered with the DVLA after July 2007.
Please follow this link to see if your motorbike meets the ULEZ emission standards: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle-35896