Are you wondering how to get rid of an old car? Do you know how to dispose of it safely and in such a way that doesn’t take up too much time and energy? We can organise your car removal and the best part, it’s free! Donate your scrap car to charity with Giveacar and make a difference. We are the car donation experts and can arrange free car removal, quickly and nationwide. We can arrange to scrap your car and have it recycled by our partnered Authorised Treatment Facilities, for the value of its scrap metal. Or, we can have it auctioned off by our auction partners. Every vehicle that is donated, be it a motorbike, van, caravan or car, we can help you dispose of it.
You can donate your car to any UK registered charity, take a look at the 1800 charities registered onto the Giveacar scheme. If your charity isn’t on our list you can still donate in support of them providing they have a UK registered charity number. Your vehicle can help fund a local hospice or even provide aid overseas.
Our collection process ensures things are quick and easy for you. Once you’ve submitted your details we will inform our collection agents to arrange your car removal. They’ll call you within two working days to arrange the collection, so choose a time which is convenient for yourself. Collection usually happens within a week, however, this can be shorter or longer depending on where your car is. Do let us know if you need urgent vehicle removal and we will do our best to help.
If your car is sold for the value of its scrap metal, your scrap vehicle will be issued with a certificate of destruction which you can request from ourselves. Please get in touch if you would like a copy of the paperwork.
Donate today, call us on 020 7736 4242 or fill out our online donation form.
The Donation Process
Organising your scrap car removal couldn’t be easier. Just follow the quick and easy steps below.
1. Firstly, get in touch with the team by calling us on 0207 736 4242 or fill out our online form and one of the team will give you a call to confirm some final details, such as your vehicle registration. We’ll also use this opportunity to make sure you are aware of the collection process, our fees, and your responsibility to inform the DVLA.
2. Our collection agents will call you to arrange your vehicle removal. If you have the vehicle’s V5C (logbook) you need to complete the section related to selling or transferring a vehicle to the motor trade. This is section 4, or section 9 in older versions of the V5C. Ensure you keep a hold of this section to notify the DLVA but give the rest of the logbook (V5C) to the collection agent.
3. At Giveacar we put charity first, so depending on the condition of your old car we may be able to auction it instead of scrapping. If your car is destined for the scrapyard and you would like a copy of the certificate of destruction, please get in touch with the team and we’ll be happy to help. You’ll receive a receipt from Giveacar once the donation is made. We also ask the charity to send a letter of thanks to you. Please note it takes 6-8 weeks for your charity to receive your donation from when the car is sold.
Why it’s Important to Get Rid Of Your Car Responsibly
Improvement of Safety Legislation
Legislation has continued to push car manufacturers to develop vehicle safety which has resulted in the use of crumple zones, airbags, seatbelts and ABS brakes. Although your old car on the drive might seem as sturdy as ever, it’s likely it falls a long way short of the safety standards seen in newer vehicles. By getting rid of a car with Giveacar you are able to give to charity whilst making the smart decision and consider you and your families safety.
Advancements in Vehicle Efficiency
With the introduction of the Mayor of London and Transport for London’s Ultra-Low Emission Zone being an indication of the constant pressure put on manufacturers and drivers to have more efficient vehicles, the efficiency of cars now from just a few years ago has changed dramatically. See below for some facts and figures that illustrate the improvements made.
- New models introduced in 2017 had CO2 emissions on average 12.6% lower than the model they replaced
- It would take 50 new cars to produce the same amount of pollutant emissions as one vehicle built in 1970
- UK NOx emissions from passenger cars have fallen 81% since 1990
With the recognition of the danger of air pollution, there has been a marked difference in consumer behaviour. The sale of diesel cars has dropped dramatically and there has been a large increase in electric car sales. To join the trend and help create a cleaner environment for everyone, get rid of your old car with Giveacar. Giveacar makes it easier to arrange your car removal. Simply call us and we’ll arrange the collection and donation from anywhere in the UK, free and in good time.
The Environmental Impact
Your old car may be doing more harm than you know. If not maintained your vehicle will emit a host of substances from its various components including oil and battery acid which not only pollutes the surrounding area but can eventually be a hazard to you and your family’s health.
The ungainly site of your car steadily rusting away is also something to be avoided. Why not offer the vehicle a second chance by donating it with Giveacar and get an instant quote. We can auction cars for the best price with our auction partners who attract buyers from all across the world. The money raised will go to your favourite charity.
The Cost of Keeping Older Cars on the Road
Running an old car can be extremely expensive! You’ll have the dreaded annual MOT bills to contend with along with the poor MPG. As a result of the dated components used in your old car, it’s likely that insurance will be significantly higher as well. The costs added up can be significant, and so comes a point in time where you have to considered sentimentality vs economy.
Buying a newer model might seem costly at first but it will be an investment in something which is cleaner, more comfortable, more efficient and more practical. Arrange your car removal with Giveacar and donate your old car in support of your favourite charity.
Giveacar operates its vehicle removal service nation-wide. We are proud to work closely with a number of Authorise Treatment Facilities (ATF) who collect on our behalf. We also have trusted auction partners if we think your car would raise more for charity at auction. Your confirmation email will detail the specific organisation that we have assigned to your collection. However, a smaller subcontractor may be responsible for the actual collection.
If you have any questions give us a call and we will be happy to answer them. Alternatively, head over to our FAQ’s and see if your question has been answered there.
Your donation can make a huge difference, call us on 020 7736 4242 or fill out our donation form today.