Our collection agents may ask to see proof that you own the vehicle that’s being collected. Please know this is in-line with GDPR regulations and collection agents have the authorisation to take a photocopy of your identification. Article 5 (e) of the GDPR states personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. To find out more, please see here.
All that is required is a current photocard driving license. In the absence of a photocard driving license, you can still donate by showing another form of photo ID from list 1 below along with a separate proof of address from list 2 below.
1. Accepted forms of photo ID:
- A valid UK passport
- A valid passport issued by a European Economic Area state, or
- A valid UK biometric immigration document
2. Accepted proof of address (which must not be older than 3 months):
- a bank or building society statement
- a credit or debit card statement
- a council tax statement or demand letter
- a utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity, water), but not a mobile phone bill
If you have any further questions please do get in touch with the team. If you’re ready to donate, click here!