With some of our collection agents, they may wish to see some proof that you own the vehicle that’s being collected. Please do know that this is all in line with GDPR regulations and that the collection agents do have the authorisation to take a photocopy of your identification. Article 5 (e) of the GDPR states personal data shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. To find out more, please see here.
If you are without your photocard driving license, don’t panic! You can still donate by showing another form of photo ID from list 1 below along with a separate proof of address from list 2 below.
1. Accepted forms of photo ID:
- a valid UK passport
- a valid passport issued by a European Economic Area state, or
- a valid UK biometric immigration document
2. Accepted proof of address (which must not be older than 3 months):
- a bank or building society statement
- a credit or debit card statement
- a council tax statement or demand letter
- a utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity, water), but not a mobile phone bill
If you have any further questions please do get in touch with the team. If you’re ready to donate, click here!