Watts Gallery Trust was founded in 1905 to protect and preserve the Artists’ Village for future generations, to promote understanding and appreciation of George Frederic and Mary Watts and to deliver art for all.
Watts Gallery Trust was established in 1905 by George Frederic and Mary Watts, both artists and designers. Together they created the Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village in Guildford, Surrey, comprising four buildings: Watts Gallery, The Pottery Building, The Watts Chapel and Limnerslease, their house and studio.Today in addition to managing and preserving the Artists’ Village the Trust upholds their ethos that art should be available to everyone and that it has the power to transform lives. Today, in addition to interpreting and preserving their legacy the Trust actively promotes their ethos with a far-reaching ‘Art for All’ learning and outreach programme which aims to engage community members from all walks of life reducing social exclusion and conflict by using art as a tool for social change. In the last year alone the Trust was able to reach out to 14,000 learners from across the South East.