Thyroid UK is a charitable company providing information and resources to promote effective diagnosis and appropriate treatment for people with thyroid disorders in the UK.
Our Vision is:
- To be the primary source of independent, accredited information on thyroid related disorders in the United Kingdom
- A world where the patient’s needs are paramount
- A world where patients with thyroid disease will have the choice to be treated according to their individual needs
Our Values are:
- To be open, honest, ethical and accountable and to work productively with others in the pursuit of quality treatment for patients
- To put the interests of people with thyroid disorders first
- To value people as individuals
- To respect the right of individuals to be involved in and knowledgeable about their illness and treatment options
- To value the need for open and free access to independent and accurate information both at the time of diagnosis and thereafter
- To encourage people to take control of their own health and wellbeing
- To appreciate the skills, expertise and commitment of our staff and volunteers
We have an Information Pack available to purchase and a subscription to a quarterly newsletter.