S.H.A.D started as a family run charity established to help the less fortunate members of society, who are overlooked by main stream charities and society. These include orphans and widows in remote areas where the much needed help is harder to find.
Our aim is to help the orphans and widows by helping them become self-sufficient. This is done by helping them set up means of income so that they do not have to rely on handouts to live day to day.
- Provide sewing machines to widows so that they can learn to sew clothes and in turn they use that skill to sew clothes and make an income for themselves.
- We help by assisting in making indoor sanitary facilities as many of the widows and orphan, due to lack of sufficient income, do not have access to private facilities within their homes.
- We help children that are orphans by ensuring that they have means to go to school so that they can continue with their education.
- For the older children that are no longer school age we help by setting up a source of income so that they can provide for the family and the younger children can continue with their education.
- We provide clean water in areas where there is a lack of water by helping to make water wells and installing electric water pumps. There are many places where the nearest place to get water is many miles away and even that water is not clean which when consumed can lead to many illnesses.
- We help the sick by helping to raise awareness of illness and how to increase health. We do this by providing financial aid to people who need medical help as the poorer people will suffer silently from ailments which can be cured by medical help but due to a lack of funds they do not get the necessary help.
- We help the elderly and immobile by providing means to help them walk without relying on a second person. This is in the form of walking aids and where necessary wheelchairs.
These are some of the works of the charity and although they are limited at the moment we are continuously looking for other ways to help the vulnerable and needy.
Giveacar and its donors are proud supporters of S.H.A.D, as they work hard at providing support to vulnerable people. If you’re planning to scrap or sell your car, give a car instead to help them continue to support communities in need. Make a difference with S.H.A.D when you donate your car to charity.