A world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. That is what we are working towards.
Save the Children is one of the worlds largest children’s charities: We provide lifesaving supplies and emotional support for children caught up in disasters like floods, famine and wars. Our work includes:
- campaigning for long-term change to improve children’s lives
- improve children’s access to the food and healthcare they need to thrive
- secure a good quality education for the children who need it most
- protect the world’s most vulnerable children, including those separated from their families because of war, natural disasters, extreme poverty and exploitation
- work in the poorest countries to help families out of the poverty cycle, so they can feed and support their children
Our holistic approach achieves sustainable results. By working with others, Save the Children has played a role in reducing child deaths in recent years, from 12 million a year to 5.9 million a year. But we need to do more.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Giveacar and its donors are proud supporters of Save the Children, as it provides care for vulnerable children around the world. If you’re planning to scrap or sell your car, give a car instead to help a young person caught up in disasters or war. Do a good deed when you donate your car to charity. Your support can help children leaving the care system find a loving new family.