Communicare in Southampton is a friendly, local charity that enriches the quality of life of lonely and isolated people in Southampton. Our committed volunteers act as good neighbours; they offer practical and emotional support in a variety of ways at no cost to the clients.
Ways that we help our clients include:
- Befriending – in person and over the phone
- Transport – to medical appointments and social engagements, where taxis and public transport are not an option
- Shopping – for or with those who are frail, unwell or disabled
- DIY and Gardening
- Family Help – helping young families support their children through play and practical help.
- Out and About – accompanying people out for a walk, out for coffee, to a favourite place or to a social gathering.
- Hospital Homecoming – support vulnerable people, who have recently been discharged from hospital.
- Hello Southampton – telephone support service offering regular scheduled phone calls up to five times a week to isolated or vulnerable people.
- Mental Health Network – aim of bringing individuals and organisations across the City together, united by the vision to “make Southampton a mental health friendly City”.
Thank you so much for donating your car and thereby providing a donation that will be used to support and improve the lives of those that we help.