Colostomy UK is a national charity that offers support and advice to people with a stoma, their families, carers and friends.
Our services are free and include:
• A 24-hour free helpline: 0800 328 4257.
• Information literature on all aspects of living with a colostomy.
• Tidings, a quarterly support magazine.
• A closed Facebook Support Group
• An informative website
• Over 100 volunteers (all ostomates) who take helpline calls, attend open days, give talks and visit ostomates in hospital
We also run projects to empower ostomates to return to sports, hobbies and other interests and give them the confidence to take up fresh challenges. We are advocates for ostomates’ rights and their voice on the bigger issues. Our campaigns raise awareness and encourage organisations to make their facilities more inclusive. Supporting and enhancing ostomates’ wellbeing is at the core of everything we do.
Colostomy UK – Supporting and empowering you.
Giveacar and its donors are proud supporters of Colostomy UK as they work hard to help and support individuals with a stoma. If you’re planning to scrap or sell your car, give a car instead. Your donation can ensure people get the treatment they need. Do a good deed and help Colostomy UK when you donate your car to charity.