Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS) improves the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness, through medical research, influencing public policy, advice and information and support in the community.
Our key objectives are:
• To fund high-quality research into the prevention, treatment,
rehabilitation and social impact of chest, heart and stroke illness;
• To prove the highest professional standards of independent, confidential
advice and support in the community;
• To provide directly, and support others to provide, locally-accessible
community services throughout Scotland;
• To work in partnership with the NHS to promote evidence-based, patient
centred care and support and to encourage innovative service developments; and
• To involve patients and carers in the charity’s activities, and
represent their interests to Government and other agencies.
We are the largest organisation in Scotland to be accredited with an Investor in Volunteers rating and were one of only 3 charities in Scotland to attain The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Volunteering Award in 2012.