The BDA is the voice of dyslexic people.
We aim to influence government and other institutions to promote a dyslexia friendly society, that enables dyslexic people of all ages to reach their full potential.
The BDA want dyslexic people to view the BDA as the organisation that best represents them. So the work of the BDA aims to reflect the values that dyslexic people hold dear.
We will listen to, and act upon, the needs of dyslexic people. We will foster a feeling of togetherness for all of our membership and respect for dyslexic people, volunteers and staff.
• Campaign and lobby for long lasting and sustainable change for the benefit of dyslexic people
• Provide impartial and objective advice and support to dyslexic people and those with whom they come into contact
• Set the standards for and accredit dyslexia knowledge and professional expertise
• Deliver innovative solutions which break new ground in the field of dyslexia
• Disseminate and share best practice regionally, nationally and internationally
• Promote research