The Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust aims to:
• Inspire, encourage and support people to take action for wildlife,
• Buy, create and manage nature reserves to safeguard species and habitats,
• Work in partnership with other landowners to conserve and enhance
wildlife in the wider countryside and urban areas.
We own and manage 80 nature reserves across the three counties. These cover a range of habitats, including species-rich chalk grassland, ancient woodland, fens, heathland, wetland and meadows. Our nature reserves are the life-blood of our organisation. Providing a host of benefits, they are:
• Rich havens for wildlife, where wildlife can flourish and then move into
the surrounding countryside,
• Focal areas for local people, including school children, to experience,
learn about and enjoy wildlife, often inspiring for a life-long love of
• Flagships that we can refer to when encouraging neighbouring landowners
to manage their land for conservation benefits.
Your support will help us do even more to protect local wildlife!