Action for Deafness is a charitable not for profit organisation dedicated to making things happen for all Deaf, deafened, deafblind and hard of hearing people in West Sussex.
We provide Audiology services for:
• all residents of West Sussex over the age of 50
• Priority appointments for anyone over 90 and War Veterans
• Home visits for the housebound or those suffering from dementia. .
• Daily ‘drop-in’ service at our Resource Centre for follow-up
appointments or rehabilitation.
• Our highly trained staff provide excellent clinical service with
comprehensive training for all new hearing aid users.
• Convenient town centre location.
• Patient journey times well within both NHS 6 week target for initial
assessment and 18 week target for fittings.
• Action for Deafness are a preferred service provider and a not-for-profit
Additional services available to all;
• Resource Centres in Worthing and Haywards Heath offer advice,
information, support and demonstration of a wide range of environmental aids.
• Hearing Aid Clinics available throughout the county.
• Highly trained Resource Centre staff offer a personal service
Advice & Support for people who use British Sign Language as their first, or
preferred language. Our experienced staff provide a fully confidential service with BSL / Interpreter at our HaywardsHeath and Worthing Centres.
• Employment Advice
• Counseling and Mentoring
• Assistance to complete forms and applications