What paperwork do I need to donate a car?

The only paper work that you need when your vehicle is being collected, is the vehicle registration document (the V5c). When the vehicle is collected you will need to complete Section 9 of the documentation. Section 9 must be signed by the collection agency and by the registered owner of the vehicle. The registered owner of the vehicle must then send Section 9 only back to the DVLA. If the car has been put through to scrap, you will then be issued with a Certificate of Destruction. There is no need for your car to have a valid tax disc or MOT, unless your vehicle is running, and put through to auction. All our collection companies are part of an insured motor trade and are therefore licensed to drive away any vehicles. If you do have a current MOT certificate, the chances are it will increase the value of the car.
FAQ Categeory: